Thursday, March 3, 2011

Coffs Harbour, Australia

It's getting near that time where I should really start writing properly. I've been on the road for a few weeks now, in New Zealand until a couple of days ago, but all of that time has been spent with friends, reconnecting and celebrating, which didn't leave me much time for reflecting on the journey, so to speak...

So I'm in Coffs Harbour with my brother's family - Him, his partner and their two kidlets (2 1/2 and 8 months). Lovely family time, much humidity and hopefully some learn to surf lessons! Wooohoooo.... however, the writing is not flowing at all so perhaps it will take a trip to Bangkok and beyond (beginning next Wednesday) for that to occur... who knows?

In brief, here's what's been on my mind and in my consciousness lately...

Devastaed by the ChCh earthquake... all my friends safe which is an immense relief, but so sad for others losses... quite unbelievable really... a sad sad time... have cuahg tup with lots of old friends up and down the North island which was amazing... went to a beautiful love-fest of a wedding in Raglan which was truly inspiring and an amazing place from which to leav Aotearoa ( I flew out the following day). I feel like I've fitted a lot into the last few weeks which has been awesome... I'm just getting back into writing so at the moment my words are sporadic and somewhat unflowing. This too will pass. I better go, not because it's late, but because I'm bound to be woken by an eager 2 1/2 year old with armloads of stories in the morning, bless....

Much love everyone
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment